My passion for creativity and meeting new people is what led me to my career which started in 2003. I went to Phagan's school of hair design just outside of Portland. I then went on to work at Dosha Salon and Spa in Portland where I was educated under some of the top stylists in Aveda. I feel that I excelled at coloring, cutting and styling hair of all types as well as going "outside of the box" when it comes to hair creativity. After a few years of working there, the Navy took my husband and I to Virginia Beach, Virginia where I contined to work in an Aveda salon and began mentoring apprentices in the salon. I have a passion for what I do and try to advance my techniques by taking classes all throughout the year with Redken, Goldwell and Pureology, just to name a few. I also enjoy doing special occasion hair, including weddings. I take pride in my work and I always try to give my clients a relaxing experience during their visit with me. I love to get to know new people and connect with them...doing their hair in the process is an added bonus!

My schedule consists of Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays, however, I am flexible throughout the week, so please don't be hesitant to ask if you need an appointment outside of my regular days or hours. I would also love to connect with my clients on my business facebook page at facebook.com/maggiemorganhair

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ombre Hair Color

"Ombre" is a French term meaning shaded. Mainly, it refers to fabrics meaning a gradual change in shade from light to dark or one color to another. It is the newest trend with hair color as you may see many celebrities on the magazines with what can resemble a grown out highlight. Here are some examples:






It can be range from a more subtle ombre to a more contrasting/drastic look. More of the subtle look is what is the most flattering and gives the illusion of sun kissed highlights.  It is actually achieved by "melting color" from the roots down to the ends as it gradually gets lighter. You do not see a line of demarcation as you would see if you just let your highlights grow out. This is perfect for the client who doesn't want high maintenance hair but wants some highlights. You will see this a lot in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment